Back pain is a gift of the modern lifestyle. Long drives, long working hours, late night working, etc. Other day – to – day causes of backaches are improper postures, bending, twisting, getting up suddenly, no exercise, etc.
Backaches can be avoided by following simple precautions.
• Always sit with proper back support while travelling / in office / home.
• Sit on a chair which has :
- Back support of 100 – 110 degrees.
- Rotating system.
- Hand support.
- Foot rest on ground.
Height adjustable system to table (adjust height to spine according to the height of desk).
• Lift up any fallen object by bending at knees.
• Hold object as close to the body as possible.
• Keep changing your posture every hour.
• Objects to be placed at reachable distances to avoid stretching.
• Always get up sideways from bed.
• Lie down on a firm mattress – placing pillow below knees/pillow between knees lying sideways.
• CONTROLLED SUPERVISED EXERCISE FOR THE BACK REGULARY
• No direct forward bending. Always bend at knees.
• No heavy weight lifting. Use both hands to lift up any object.
• Never pull. Always push.
• No crouching (relaxed position). Always sit upright.
• Avoid prolonged SUSTAINED posture (Sitting / Standing).
• Avoid sudden TURNING / TWISTING.
• Avoid sudden jerky, twisty movements of spine.
• Avoid lifting of legs together while lying down.